Last Christmas, WD's stepsister gave us this tin of hot chocolate as a gift. And I gave her...nothing. On purpose. That sounds bad, doesn't it? I wasn't being mean though, just frugal. I was trying to cut down on the gifts to adults and focus more on the kids in the family. She assured me that it wasn't much, just a little something-something, no big deal. But I still felt bad. I grabbed my purse and frantically searched for something I could give her. A fuzzy lifesaver? An emergency pull-up diaper? A pack of crayons from Ruby Tuesday? No, no, and no. Not good enough. Oh, wait, I know what I can give her, MY UNDYING GRATITUDE FOR INTRODUCING ME TO THIS EXQUISITE DRINK!
Peppermint Drinking Chocolate is basically liquid chocolate with the taste of peppermint in every sip. The mix is made up of mini chocolate chips, cocoa, and sugar and all you have to do is add milk. It's just as convenient as those watery, weak hot chocolate mixes in the box but so much more flavorful. I recently bought a tin of it at Walmart for $5 and the 'best by' date is August of 2009. Good to know because I'm going to stock up.